Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Design your talk so that it will of interest to a general academic audience. There will be representation from all graduate departments at UTM at the colloquium.
- Oral presentations are scheduled for 15 minute timeslots with 12 minutes allotted for each presentation plus 3 minutes for questions. Time limits will be strictly enforced.
- Please email a copy of your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th at noon. Please also bring a copy of your presentation on a USB Flash drive on May 1st.
- The meeting room will be equipped with a dedicated LCD projector and PC laptop. The laptop will be running Windows 7 with MS Office 2010 Suite.
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are the recommended formats for slides.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Design your poster so that it will of interest to a general academic audience. There will be representation from all graduate departments at UTM at the colloquium.
- Conversation is encouraged at the poster session. Posters will be displayed 4:00 to 6:00 PM on April 30th. Authors should hang their posters 30 minutes before 4:00 PM and remove them at the end of the day.
- Pushpins are the only method allowed for attaching the poster to the board. These will be supplied on site
The Library will continue to sponsor the best poster prizes for the upcoming graduate student research event at UTM.
The Associate Dean’s Office will cover the cost of printing ONE free poster on regular poster grade paper. We will be working with UTM Print/Copy Centre.
Free poster printing - specific requirements to follow:
a) Your poster must be submitted in either pdf or ppt format.
b) Your poster must be sized at 42 by 36 inches OR 106.68 by 91.44 centimeters.
c) It is your responsibility to proofread your final poster before submitting it for printing (there is no second free printing). Email email@example.com and in the Subject Line, please enter POSTER PRESENTATION – GRC 2019, attach the final version for printing to this email. Please label your attachment with your lastname_firstname to avoid confusion.
d) Your poster MUST be submitted by Wednesday, April 24th, at 5 pm. is to allow sufficient time for printing Posters submitted after the deadline are not eligible for free printing and you will receive an email with the price prior to the poster being printed.
e) It is strongly requested that you use a light background.
f) Your final poster will be printed on poster presentation grade poster paper. NO LAMINATE POSTERS.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact Anna Reale at firstname.lastname@example.org.